Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A little winged love


One of the fun things I've learned while making mini albums is you can do so much to them that's really not feasible on a 12x12 album page--I love to go OFF the page--large embellies with dimension--like the wings I cut here with my Silhouette. The wings were cut from bazzill cardstock using a TTF font from scrapnfonts. They cut great :) and are sooo much fun when they are layered in varied sizes. They are perfect on this Take Along Album by Midnight Oil!


Another great thing for mini books is all these fantastic journaling notebooks--like the noteworthy journaling notebooks by Making Memories--I used the notebook pages as the "backgrounds" on this album-it added a fun touch along with some pink polka dots that I made with a Krylon Paint pen. Not to mention the fact that finding and using an Awesome Monthly kit can really make your mini album come together soooo quickly because all the fantastic goodies have already been coordinated for you, this one came from the Fantastic www.addictedscrappers.com
4 days till Charlotte Creating Keepsakes Convention! Be sure and Stop by the Lickety Split booth to do an awesome Make n Take with a Fantastic Chipboard and Acrylic BOO album by Midnight Oil!! I'll be there from 11-5 on Saturday:)




No comments: