Friday, September 12, 2008

California Dreamin'

I live in coastal southern California, the land of "always summer." However, California is a BIG state, so here is a mini album to show some of the faces of CA.

This is a MOSD Clearly Designed Step Album. The album comes with 3 black, plastic rings and 8 clear pages that vary in size from 4X 5 inches to 7.5 x 5 inches. The pages form steps, with the smallest page acting as the front cover and the largest as the back cover.

My favorite technique to use on the clear pages, is to stamp on the acrylic. I used Jet Black Staz-On ink and an Autumn Leaves stamp for the cover. I then put a piece of double-sided paper through my Xyron 510 to make the FRONT of the paper sticky. I then attached this to the clear page. No adhesive shows and now the back of the page is another pattern of the double-sided paper! This technique also makes the clear page feel like you are looking through a window; the stamp on the clear acrylic with the paper on the other side of the acrylic gives the project depth without a lot of bulk.

Another technique I like to use, is attaching rub-ons directly onto my photos. This is an easy way to add some interest to a photo.
(to see larger images, click on the photos)














I used the Scenic Route Grafton papers and LOTS of stickers and rub-ons.

- Gloria


No comments: