Friday, November 21, 2008

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

When I saw the Transportation Intricacies and Stick-Ons, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them! Create this little mini book for my nephew!

I used my Cricut Expressions to cut out the title "Built Tough" (Graphically Speaking cartridge) and then attached it to the clear cover of a Hip 2 Be Square album.

I used the Adventure Monogram Stacker on the reverse side of the clear cover. Then I placed the Transportation Intricacies on the first chipboard page of the album. (The letters were cut using the Cricut Expression and Schoolbook cartridge.) A few of the Intricacies were pop-dotted to give added dimension. As you can see, I was digging into my Basic Grey paper stash again! Let me assure you, I have LOTS more!

Each page of the album has definitions and Stick-On pictograms. I copied the definitions out of my trusty dictionary and printed them out onto cardstock, using a newsprint font. All the letters for the vehicles were cut using the Crictut, but you could simply use letter stickers.





Here are a few close ups.



The last page contains a poem about transportation.




Here is the top view.

I kept this book very simple with all the focus on the pictures and definitions. This 6x6 album will make a cute gift for any little boy who loves things that go ZOOM!

- Gloria

1 comment:

Sherry843 said...

I love this book!!! What a great gift for a little boy.