Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Countdown to Christmas!

Happy Wednesday everyone. Here at my house, we are decking the halls and anxiously counting the days til Santa comes. Since the concept of time is hard for my younger ones, I thought it might be fun to have a Christmas Countdown calendar on display.


I used my Bind It All to create numbers "pages" that flip over to count back the days:


I decorated the covers with MOSD Snowflake Stick Ons, some Basic Grey paper and bling.


How to make yours:

1. Begin with a MOSD Easel album. I trimmed the 3 ring holes from both covers. I cropped the acrylic pages to create 13 smaller 2x3 inch pages. Opaque White Staz On ink rubbed along the edges of all the acrylic pages with a dauber creates a snowy effect.

2. I punched out 13 blue squares and spritzed them with silver Glimmer Mist. While they were drying, I used my Quickutz to punch out my numbers from red patterned paper. Once the squares were dry, I roughed up the edges with my distressor then inked with red chalk ink. Then the numbers were glued onto their squares.

3. I used my bind it all to bind all the album elements together. Then I began decorating. I cut out a bird from the Basic Grey paper, added some Stickles, applied some snowflake Stick Ons and added my title. I added some dangling jingle bells just for fun.

This was an easy project that took me a morning to complete. Hope you'll give it a try!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

This is super cute!!!

Maryfrances Fabbri said...

OK, this is just darling. WOW...what fun the kids must have with this. Mine are dying to open the Lego Advent calendar each day...this would a be a super addition.

Gloria Stengel said...

That is the coolest thing ever! I cannot get over how much you can do with these albums! Always something new to see!

Creative Bug Christy said...

I Love this project - I have wanted to make something for YEARS and I never get to it!!! Thanks for the inspiration! These would make GREAT gifts!

Veronica-Disney Dreamin' Mama said...

oooooh this is AWESOME--I've got to do make this!!