Friday, December 26, 2008

The True Meaning of Christmas

The girls at Faith Sisters had a 9-day challenge going on in October. You were to make a page about each of the Christmas symbols, based on a story they had posted. I finally got around to printing the story and making my project, using a MOSD album, of course!


I used a MOSD Cover to Cover Tabbed Album, which has two clear covers and six tabbed chipboard pages. I did have to trace two extra pages from some scrap chipboard in order to finish my album. But, I had some chipboard left over from an Expressions Build-a-Book project, so I was in good shape!

I painted the edges of my covers with Cranberry alcohol ink (Tim Holtz) and white acrylic paint (Tim Holtz paint dabber). The star is Cosmo Cricket naked chipboard that I sprayed with "Gloria Glimmer Mist." (To see a tutorial on how to make your own glimmer mist, go here.) I also used a red MOSD Twirly Gig Stick-On and cut some circles with my Spellbinders Nestabilities dies.

The rest of the book contains the printed story from Faith Sisters (I used the Ali's Handwriting font downloaded for free from the CK site). I used a lot of different papers again for this project. For each Christmas symbol, I tried to find an embellishment or a stock photo to match.

Here is the inside of the front cover.

And a close-up shot of page 1.

And here are the rest of the pages.






And the back cover. Do you love that Bo Bunny Christmas tag?! I stamped the Christmas phrase on it with cranberry ink.

And a top view:


I hope you enjoyed your Christmas Holiday (or other celebration) this past week. This is my last post for 2008, so I will see you again in 2009! Have a Happy and Blessed New Year!

- Gloria

(side note - the two photos I used in this project were downloaded from the Getty Images site.)


1 comment:

Veronica-Disney Dreamin' Mama said...

Unbelievably GORGEOUS! Seriously beautiful Gloria!