Friday, April 10, 2009

Ink Swatch

We have all seen paint chips in the hardware or home improvement store, and we've all seen fabric swatches and even cardstock swatches. The other day, I was in a stamping store (Stamping Details in Poway, CA) and they had some tags which they had turned into ink swatches! What a cool idea! I am forever forgetting which inks I have and which I don't, so I thought a swatch would be a cool thing to carry in my purse. However, it needs to be small and durable.

I had a Petite (key chain) album from MOSD in my stash and thought it would make a cool swatch book for my Tim Holtz Distress Inks. The album is 2x2 and comes with two clear covers and four chipboard pages. I used some scrap chipboard left over from another MOSD project to make some extra pages for my swatch book. The chipboard was easy to cut with my Fiskars trimmer and I rounded the corners with my Round-it-All tool.


I covered each page with white cardstock (from the scrap bag!) and then stamped an image with each ink color, then labeled the pages with a Zig pen. Easy peasy! I used some black Staz-On ink to decorate the little clear acrylic covers.


When I add more ink colors, I can just add more pages! And this is small enough to stick in my purse so that when I'm in a craft store I don't have to try to remember which ink I still need!


And aren't these Hero Arts stamps to die for?! I've had these ladies in my stash for a long time and they are just too fun for words!


I hope you have fun making your own swatch book! MOSD products are such fun to play with and the possibilities are endless!

Happy Easter to everyone! May the Lord bless each of you!

- Gloria

1 comment:

Erica said...

Fabulous idea! Now I need one!