Friday, May 1, 2009

Nothing Says Spring Like Flowers!

I live in Paradise on earth: Southern California. It's beautiful here all year long, but we also have an amazing blooming period in April and May. This is when the ranunculus (Persian Buttercup) blooms in the Flower Fields in Carlsbad, CA. There are more than 50 acres of blooms!

I decided to make this step album to showcase some photos I took of the fields. I will tell you that the photos of the album do NOT do my photos nor the real deal justice!


I used a lot of Basic Grey paper and made a bunch of my own flowers out of scallop circles.







Are they amazing or what?!

This one field of white flowers was just breathtaking!

I also printed out some quotes to add to the album.




Thanks for looking! I will be on vacation for a few weeks, but will be back with a new project on May 22. I am sure Alison and the rest of the DT will keep you busy!

4 comments:

Jana said...

Gorgeous album. Must be breathtaking to see that field of flowers.

Tami said...

this is so awesome and I loved your paper flower. I just started scrapbooking today and I love it. I've been stamping for a very long time. I am so happy I found 365 cards blog all because my friend sherry ann told me. such nice ladies and so much talent. I wish I lived where you are. I have never been to California or west for that matter. I am from New England but now live in MN. thanks for sharing your beautiful step album. I love it and the flowers are so pretty.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Truly Lori said...

Gloria,

Awesome Album!!!! It was so nice to catch up today. I love the flower fields, too but don't have any pic's as awesome as yours. Love the quotes you chose, too:)