Friday, September 18, 2009

The Acrylic Shuffle!

Hi everyone! I am enjoying all of the awesome projects from the MOD SQUAD!! I hope that they are inspiring and motivating you to get some great MOSD products and create! This month I decided to do a mini album. I took a look at my MOSD goodies and chose the Clearly Designed Steps acrylic album. It comes with 3 plastic black rings and 8 clear pages that range in size from 4x5 in. to 7.5x5 in. I took a look at this album and thought about mixing it up! So my album is not in steps, but it is a cute mini!! The theme is for a baby girl and this cutie is my niece. I had the opportunity to create some birthday party goods for her 1st birthday! I thought I would surprise her mom with a cute mini of her pictures!

This mini has a total of 5 pages. 10 pages front and back. I challenged myself to really make the "clear" pages stand alone. I did not use any cardstock or patterned paper. For each of the pages I used rub-ons and Journal Bits from MOSD. I embellished with flowers, ribbons, stickers, and brads. Oh and the cool part was that I did not use any adhesive!! The pictures are adhered to the pages with eyelets! This mini reminds me of a picture frame but with 5 different pieces!


Be sure to head on over to the MOSD website to check out all of the cool products!! Don't forget to visit the MOD SQUAD design team blogs for endless amounts of inspiration and creative ideas! Thanks for stopping by! See ya next month! :)

4 comments:

Erica said...

Very cool! I like how you used the eyelets and avoided having to cover up adhesive. Those photos look great!

Gloria Stengel said...

This is awesome. Did you use your Crop-a-Dile for the eyelets. Great idea, BTW! What cute little baby!

kellyjean said...

Clap. Clap. Clap. (That's me giving you a big round of applause, Marisa! he he he.) No adhesive?! No PP?! It looks FABULOUS!

AmesOx said...

Wonderful book! Love the use of the eyelets as opposed to adhesive!