Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Traditions Mini Album

Merry Christmas, Bloggers! It's Gloria with you on Christmas Day! (Well, I typed this on the 23rd...but still...) Since moving to southern California, our traditions have changed a little, due to the climate, but we still have many of the same ones we had when we lived back east and in the upper Midwest. I made this little album so that I could document some of the things we enjoy doing during the Christmas season. You'll notice there are no photos in it yet...but I plan to use photos from 2009, so I've not taken them all yet!

I used pages from the MOSD Build-a-Book set: 3 clear squares, 2 large scallop, 2 half circle, 1 chipboard square. I used a mix of papers and products for this album. Lots of glitter and buttons and flowers. Take a peek!

Here is the cover. I painted the edges of all the clear pages with acrylic paint and Stickles. I attached a piece of double sided paper to the clear cover using Xyron adhesive.

Here is a view of the shaped pages.
And a top view.

Page 1: You can see the back of the cover paper through the clear acrylic. I added a rub-on directly onto the acrylic page.

Page 2:

Page 3:


Page 4:
Page 5:

Here is an overlay transparency that I added for some extra visual interest. I trimmed it to 6x6 and then punched holes with the Bind-it-All.

Page 6 is clear, so you can see Page 8 peeking through:

Here is the flip side, Page 7:

Page 8: I used neutral paper for my photo mats.

Page 9: My friend Jacquie cut this large music note from chipboard. It was a piece of clip art she printed off the computer. I attached the black dotted Swiss Bazzill to it to jazz it up.

Page 10:

Page 11:

Page 12:

Page 13:

Back cover:


I bound the album with the Bind-it-All and tied on lots of festive ribbons. I still have to add the photos and journaling, and maybe some titles. But I am notorious for making these mini albums, then waiting a long time to finish them!

I hope you are inspired to create your own mini album this year. Blessed Christmas!

5 comments:

Truly Lori said...

Gloria,

This mini album is just BEAUTIFUL!!! I just LOVE your work! I hope you had a WONDERFUL Christmas!

Erica@ZunkyChic said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! Love all the details. Great job, once again.

Marisa said...

Great album Gloria!

Carolyn Lontin said...

wow! fabulous work here!

AmesOx said...

Beautiful mini Gloria! Just fabulous!