Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Reading journal

My son's last day of third grade is tomorrow - cannot believe it!! So to encourage him to read this summer I thought I'd make a fun little journal for him to keep track of his books read and even draw pictures about the stories (he loves to draw!)




I started with a MOSD Cover 2 Cover Show Off Acrylic Album. This album is about 4x6 - small enough to keep handy!

I used a MOSD Intricacies - Numbers on the acrylic cover.

I added a MOSD Journal Bits Stick On's in black and then added stickers for my title.

A few black MOSD Snap Rings and some ribbon completed the outside of the summer reading journal.

I left the unfinished chipboard on the inside of the journal and added some white papers for variety.

Easy & fun to make! Hopefully my son will add lots of titles into his reading journal this summer!

Thanks for stoppin' by the MOSD blog!


3 comments:

Erica said...

What a great idea! I hope he enjoys the summer.

AmesOx said...

This is a brilliant idea!

kellyjean said...

Great idea, Carolyn! I would have loved something like that as a child (or now, he he.)